RSS Feed

http://www.wikio.com

Sunday, November 6, 2016

The severely overdue final installment of the Stacked Bead Challenge!


This time, it was my fault. I had made up my packs of beads to send the ladies well over a year ago, but then Rebecca was next and then we all kinda forgot about it for a while. Someone finally remembered, and I sent off my beads. Now, there's a caveat here... When I was making my selection, I was recovering from shoulder surgery so I was down an arm and highly medicated. I believe my M.O. was to choose beads that I liked, but that had been hanging around stumping me for quite some time. After a year passed and soberly reflecting on my choices, I felt pretty bad about it. Everyone was going to be in for a tricky design challenge. I cursed myself repeatedly as I struggled to make even one pair. Cursing myself further, I made a second pair about a week later. This cycle continued until I actually managed to make six pairs and I actually like most of them! Persistence and cursing does pay off in the end. So here we go...


Thank you Malin for being the only one to remember to take a photo! Also, if you're counting, you might notice there're a few beads that have odd amounts. When I was packing the bags, I spilled one. I thought I had collected them all, but like I said I was in an altered state at the time. I thought I kept that bag for myself, but it seems Malin wound up with it.







This is the first pair I made. The shells were really the ones that had been bothering me the longest. Mostly composed of my bead selection.



Then there were these. Pretty simple, not bad and contain just the beads I included - other than metal spacers.



And then these. I was excited when I discovered the ceramic charms went with the color scheme. But I swear, I stacked them 100 times before I was satisfied. Yet, I think I only added one bead plus the spacer.



And then came these. I think they might be my favorite of the lot. I added the rhinestones, the piggies, the copper spacer & copper dangles.



Next, there were these. Only one picture, because they're not meant to lie flat... I love those purple & grey beads. I forgot what they're called, but the guy who sold them to me was very excited about how rare and unusual they were. I tried so many times, but I only wanted to make The Perfect Necklace with them, so nothing ever happened. I figured these talented ladies could at least give them a good life as earrings.


And finally, the pair I made after I declared I was sick of looking at the beads and I was D.O.N.E. Pardon the cat hair in the first photo. That would be Nigel's only physical contribution to my efforts, but he gave me so much moral support sleeping next to me or staring at me as I made them all.



I don't know if everyone else had such a difficult time with their own bead selections. But I sure can't wait to see what they did with my weirdo choices! Make sure you check them out too. Links below...

Thank you again Malin for starting this whole crazy experiment, and thanks to Rebecca, Claire, and Leah for being such awesome and inspiring partners in all this and in the jewelry they make on a regular basis. I sure have some talented friends ♥




  • Rebecca Anderson - SongBead
  • Leah Curtis - Beady Eyed Bunny
  • Claire Lockwood - Something To Do With Your Hands
  • Heidi Post - Ex Post Facto
  • Malin de Koning - Beading By Malin de Koning
  • 30 comments:

    1. Woah! You did such a great job in incorporating all the beads from the pack. I feel I did a poor job in comparison! I think the ones with bronze drops are my favourites too, although I love the shells too - you certainly cracked what to do with them. Thanks again for your beady bundle!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I think my favorite is the pair with the copper ear wires (4th pair). I've pulled out my fall wardrobe and these would go with the darker color pallet I'm wearing now. All your stacks are great!
      Cheers!
      Lori in Blue Ridge, GA

      ReplyDelete
    3. Heidi, it was so interesting to read your post and see your earrings. Like those shell beads in your first pair. They have been subject for so many attempts from my side. But in the end I wasn't happy with any of my tries. But I haven't given up on them. Yet. You managed!!!
      I tried working with all the larger beads from your lot, but in the end I guess I was just not in tat particular kind of mode eastethically at this particular time. So I am so impressed that you managed to make so many of them work. I like the fun last pair with that large orange bead. they are fun.
      My favourite pair is the same as yours, the ones with the rhinestone and the cornflake pearl. They are really really beautiful. I love all the subtle color changes travelling along the stack. And finished with that drop on the ring. Very pretty!
      Thank you so much for your inspiring bead lot :-).

      ReplyDelete
    4. Wow Heidi, you did an awesome job with these! I struggled with some of the larger beads (although I had another idea today!), but you nailed it. I think the pair with the bronze drops is my favorite too. But I do have a soft spot for that last pair!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Great job pushing with this challenge. I hate that this is the last in the series as I've really enjoyed it. Your favorite earrings in this bunch are my favorite too. Really lovely!

      ReplyDelete
    6. What a totally fun selection! I am loving seeing how we all grouped different selections - your coral/copper tube ones are so inspired! I think they might be my favourites here - the beads go so well together and yet I never would have grouped them I don't think. I also am (as always!) super-impressed with your awesome colour matching in those peach and mint earrings. The ceramic drops are absolutely perfect! A really great set.

      ReplyDelete
    7. Best Baking Classes in Chennai Recommends to mix the ingredients in right proportion at right time you should also add the add-ons which make your muffins more and more tasty.

      ReplyDelete
    8. Very informative post ! There is a lot of information here that can help any business get started with a successful social networking campaign arizona jewelry

      ReplyDelete
    9. The best free HD brazzers and bangbros videos are available on https://www.bedpage.com/videos/
      best free HD brazzers and bangbros videos!

      ReplyDelete
    10. How-to-download-hd-youtube-thumbnail

      1.Copy the Youtube Video Link / URL from Youtube App or Website

      2.Paste the Youtube video Link / URL in the Input Field Above.

      3.Click on the "Download Youtube Thumbnail" Button.

      4.You will get a list of all The Available Youtube Video Thumbnail Qualities, Which you can Choose From High Quality(HQ), High Definition (HD), 4K, 720p, 1080p Thumbnail, Low Quality and Medium Quality Youtube Thumbnails are also available.

      5.Click on the Download Button, and Your Youtube Video Thumbnail will be Downloaded in your Device's Storage.
      youtube thumbnail downloader


      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...