RSS Feed

http://www.wikio.com

Thursday, October 28, 2010

New Project Plans

I'm so so very excited about the new project I'm about to undertake...

I'm very new to the online jewelry-making world, so I only recently discovered all these wonderful jewelry artists who make their own components, and use each other's pieces in their own work. That's a really cool concept, and I like the sense of support and collaboration I've seen.

The first blogger I found (who opened me up to this community) is Lorelei Eurto. Her style is so much fun, and she's totally inspired me to try my hand at making my own beadcaps. Her Harbinger Collection is the cutest thing in the world. She uses printed tins to make her bead caps and disc-shaped components, and I feel like it's something I could actually do. I have an assorted collection of Tea Tins and my dad has millions of Altoids Tins, which might be kind of cute to use.

I have to admit I feel a little guilty for stealing her idea, but if I'm giving her credit for the inspiration, that should be okay huh? I certainly hope so.

Up to this point I've been using a combination of vintage, recycled, and new components to create my jewelry. I really like the idea of reusing old bits, as I can be assured that my pieces will be one of a kind. However, now that I've tapped into this online community, I really feel like I need to create at least some elements of my own. Yesterday, I ordered all the tools I'll need to get started, and I can't wait until they arrive. I hope everyone will appreciate it, because I'm assuming it might be a very homemade beadcappy Christmas!

And because no one likes a blog without pictures, I'll show you the most recent necklace I made. I love this piece! If anyone else does, it's for sale -- see my Facebook jewelry page for details.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...