RSS Feed

http://www.wikio.com

Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Very Special Blog

I mentioned in a recent blog that I was working on a necklace to be auctioned off, and it's finally ready. A dear friend and fellow blogger, Sister Wolf, is in need of some help. During the last couple years, she has suffered more personal tragedy than anyone should ever have to withstand. I don't want to get into the details here - if you're here because you clicked on a link from her blog, then you already know what she's been through. And if you don't know her, you have a link to her blog should you wish to explore it. You should check out her blog anyway because she's hilarious.

100% of the proceeds of this auction will be going to the Sister Wolf Relief Fund. Bidding should take place in the comments. I'll give it a week, and next Sunday (Nov. 21) the winner will be determined. I'll send the winner a PayPal invoice, and then the necklace will be shipped out on Monday morning. Shipping is free - worldwide! Please bid high - it's for a very good cause!!!

The necklace is 25" long plus a 6" dangle. It's wrapped with antique bronze 20 gauge wire, with antique bronze findings, quartz, apatite, and ceramic beads, and a carved dark red Buddha.






10 comments:

  1. When I saw that title, I thought "Tonight, on a very special Blossom..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, what a beautiful piece! And as usual, so typically kind and generous of you to do this.

    I will start the bidding at $25. I realize it's a bit on the low side for the craftsmanship, materials and intent of the piece, but it will at least get things started.

    XO
    Ann (I posted anonymously but you know who I am/where to find me)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab! I'm upping the bidding to $30 and as above except for the anonymous bit! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, upping to $35! I love the piece and I love Sister Wolf!

    XO
    Ann again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll bid $45 please :)

    I love my Sister Wolf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll up it to $60. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. $90 from me. It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's 5:00 on Sunday, and it looks like the winner is Marianne! Thanks Marianne - please send me your contact info and I will email you the details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me fresh to Joomla and don't know how to include a link from a Joomla website to mine. I looged into administrator section and can't find any that
    will allow me to put my link within the footer of the
    pages..

    My web-site; paginasamarillas-atl.Com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...