RSS Feed

http://www.wikio.com

Friday, November 12, 2010

Random Websurfing Led to My First Blog-Related Sale!

Very exciting news! My blog has barely gotten off the ground, and as of today only has 9 followers, but already a complete stranger stumbled across it and purchased the butterfly necklace from the previous post. The guy said he was planning to give it to his wife for Christmas. How fun that my necklace will be wrapped up in a little box under some Christmas tree somewhere. I've sold plenty to friends and friends of friends in person and through my Facebook page, and of course I've sold things at the two art market/craft fairs I've done. But this was a first for my blog, and I'm very happy and proud of myself. Yay!

Meanwhile, I've had quite a social event-packed week, so I've only made one pair of earrings and started a new necklace. I'm pretty excited about the necklace though. When it's done, I'll post a blog about it. I'm planning to auction it off here, and the proceeds will be donated to a dear friend and brilliant blogger who has had a very tragic and traumatic year (or more). More info in that blog. But the necklace is beautiful so far, and I can't wait to show it to you.

Other than that, I'm waiting on some supplies to arrive so I can begin the November Birthday Sisters jewelry projects. 2/3 of my sisters have birthdays within a few days of each other this month. As if that's not enough, one shares the day with my Dad (who has no use for jewelry), and a week prior is one of my niece's birthdays. She's a creative girl (just like her cool aunt), so instead of getting jewelry, she'll be getting a Michael's gift card. Those two sisters though, they're pretty particular (especially one of them, and she knows which one she is), so I had to order a whole batch of supplies. Hopefully it will all arrive in time for everyone to receive their gifts at the November Birthday Party.

I have no new jewelry pics to post, so you'll have to make do with this photo showcasing my fab new haircut and modeling some of my own designs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...