RSS Feed

http://www.wikio.com

Monday, March 7, 2011

Another Springy Necklace + Voodoo

It's Mardi Gras time in New Orleans. I don't go crazy about it like so many people do, but I do enjoy seeing the creative costumes and beautiful floats. Unfortunately, I didn't get to go to my favorite parade this year, as it was rained out on its normal day & route. It was rescheduled for the next night, but circumstances were such that I wasn't able to attend. Instead, I helped a friend make her Voodoo-themed costume. Naturally, I insisted upon making the jewelry. I wish I'd taken some better photos, but she snapped a couple with her phone.



She brought the black coral sticks and the skulls; the purple ribbon on her necklace was leftover from the hat she made. Then I just did an elastic bracelet with the remaining skulls and some coral sticks. I was happy that there were some unused sticks she let me keep!

Saturday afternoon while it was storming outside, I made this necklace with one of my paper clay pendants some of my loyal readers may remember from this post. (By the way, some of those items are still available if anyone's interested.)




It made me realize that I am seriously lacking in red beads, and I could use more pink beads in lighter cotton candy shades like this. It's not that I'd want to use them constantly, but I need them to be there when I need them, you know? I think there's a bead show coming up next month, so I'll try to remember to stock up on those things instead of getting the same things I always get!

By the way, thanks for stopping by my blog. I don't think I thank my readers & commenters enough. It fascinates me when I check my stats and see how global my readership is. I really appreciate that you take the time to come by and read, or even just look at the pictures. And if you're a frequent reader, but have never commented, please don't be afraid to say hi :)

8 comments:

  1. Love the colors in the birdie necklace, your pendant is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The birdie is sooo cute, but I also love the skull necklace and bracelet! I have the coral sticks in my stash, too, in black and gold, and for some reason I like to touch them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another two yummies, esp the birdy one. But I just realized I would really like to see a few of your latest pieces on. Please Heidi. For realistic scale and overall way of "sitting".

    All my best,
    Malin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always dreamed of making a Mardi Gras costume. It seems like it would be so much fun.

    Not much call for one in Seattle, I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Then I guess you should spend a lot of time making just the right costume. And then you'll have an excuse that you HAVE to come to Mardi Gras, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, I was the Voodoo lady she helped out for Mardi Gras. My necklace and bracelet were a big hit and essential to my costume. Thanks again Heidi, as always, you are the best!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...