RSS Feed

http://www.wikio.com

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Celebrity Party Guest!

To see my Bead Soup, click here!

I have a lot of catching up to do, as the Bead Soup Reveal Day was the same day as my rescheduled birthday party (for those of you who aren't regular readers, it had to be postponed due to a tropical storm on Labor Day Weekend). I looked as much as I could during the day, and then as much as I was able to on Sunday (I was feeling a little rough). And I'm trying to get through 10 or 20 a night until I'm done.

But the most exciting thing happened at my party! My friend Bridget, who is in my etsy circle and who I have not seen in months, walked into the bar wearing a lovely party dress. I got up to hug her and better examine her dress when a very familiar sight caught my eye. Could it be? Was I really seeing what I was seeing? Was it Lorelei's "Soaring in Africa" necklace? In my presence? After it had been staring up at me for months from the cover of this summer's Stringing Magazine? You know, this one?


Sure enough, it was. Bridget had noticed it when I ♥'ed it on etsy and she just had to have it.



What a wonderful birthday surprise that was!!! I couldn't stop telling everyone all night, but I think I was the only one to truly get it. Though Bridget was happy to discover her necklace had been on a magazine :)

On another note, I don't participate in the I ♥ Macro thing everyone else does, but I wanted to share this photo I took the other day. This hole in the sidewalk is no bigger in diameter than a Sharpie, yet a little plant saw fit to grow there. How cute!


8 comments:

  1. Now that is a really cool way to wake up this morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the necklace and the flower in the pavement has me going all oh and ah. Cute!
    Btw. Had my birthday party the same Saturday too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that necklace is SO FAB!!!!!!

    and i hope your birthday was awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cool surprise! And I hope you had a wonderful party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings! I know this is kinda off topic but
    I was wondering which blog platform are you using
    for this site? I'm getting fed up of Wordpress because I've had issues with hackers and I'm looking at alternatives for another platform. I would be fantastic if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

    my blog; diets that work

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...