RSS Feed

http://www.wikio.com

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Anyone Want to Have a Party?

I'm on a spree, and I'm not going to stop until my wrists break! The carpal tunnel has been killing me for days. It's easy to let my lack of sales get me down, but then only so many people go to my hair salon. Etsy is a gigantic sea with kajillions of other fabulous items, though I have plenty of folks favoriting my jewelry. I really don't have everything I need (tables, tent, displays, big vehicle to haul it all around in) to participate in art/craft shows, so I've only done that twice (with shared tables). So I've been thinking it would be a good idea to have some sort of open house type thing, but it has to be someone else's house (living on the 3rd floor of a gated condo complex makes things complicated) and someone else's friends (mine are all pretty much tapped out). So I'm busy busy busy creating for the eventual explosion, once all the planets are properly aligned, etc. Anyone local interested in hosting an event for me? I'll bring food & drinks, and clean up, etc. Plus, I'll give you some jewelry for your troubles!

Anyway, here's some new stuff I've done this week.


Old & New: Czech glass, Czech crystal, turquoise, copper chain, spacers and bird.

Julsbeads lampwork pendant, copper chain & wire, hemp cord, and sari silk.

Copper wire, coral, and magnasite.


5 comments:

  1. I so hear you on this one! It's hard for independent jewellery makers to succeed in today's market :-(
    But I don't let that Discourage me from my primary objective: to have fun and create beautiful jewellery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Heidi, I wish I could host! In fact, I wish we could have a joint party. That would be fun, no? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi, I've been doing craft shows for about a year now and wow are they hit or miss!! I wish you luck with booking house parties, I hope it goes well for you....and I hear you about Etsy! There has to be some kind of trick to get more people to our shops, I've just not found out what that secret is...if I ever figure it out I will let you know! That necklace you created with at gorgeous lampwork bead is beautiful!! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heidi, I know the times are discouraging right now, but try to be comforted in knowing that it is the same for everyone. Don't give up, Girly....I'm a huge fan of your design style.

    I adore what you've done with that focal~ the colors are spot on and you have showcased the art bead perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought that you received a card at Vega Tapas that entitled you to a free party? Seems like that would be easier to acquire your party then to ask the blogosphere?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...