RSS Feed

http://www.wikio.com

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Mostly Earrings

I've been a bad blogger! I haven't posted since the 7th! I've been pretty busy and distracted lately, but I have had a little time to make a few things. Mostly earrings.

Some vintage bits and some new parts in the first 4 pairs. All the settings came from dimestoreemporium, along with some other goodies I haven't used yet.

Sterling chain, vintage glass pearls, and re-used AB Czech glass amethyst beads.


Vintage crystals and gold tone spacers - these crystals have some sort of silvery coating that makes them extra sparkly.


Vintage crystals & gold spacers from the same old necklace that supplied the beads for the earrings above. Same super silvery sparkle - hard to photograph.


These faces were a bonus gift, since I ordered so much from dimestoreemporium! The green beads come from a vintage deco necklace. The aquamarine and rhinestone rondelles are new.


These were my first experiment in this style of hammered wire frames - the top loops could be more even, and I'll just keep these for myself, but I love the size and movement. So much fun!


Julsbeads lampwork beads and turquoise leather. These were the result of a failed attempt at using the leather with a pendant, but the leather was cut, and it was just the right amount and those Julsbeads were just screaming at me and these magically happened. I love when things come to be this way!


This was an old necklace that needed reworking. I made the pendant out of paper clay from a silicone mold I made of an antique pill case. I've used other pendants from the same mold before, including sending one to my first Bead Soup partner. I had originally attached it to the same sari ribbon you see here, but with a thin piece of gunmetal chain. I wore it a few times, but it was too spare and needed something more. After sitting idle for a year, I finally reworked it, and I'm happier with it now. Yay!


And for the first time in ages, I'm going list all this stuff (except the copper wire earrings) on etsy in just a bit. I keep taking my new stuff to the salon, but etsy needs some love too.

7 comments:

  1. Love the turquoise leather and lampwork earrings, clever idea with the leather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with the leather! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Love love love!!! You have been super busy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going down your list for the 5th time, I was still trying to decide on my faves....and I can't! Love the necklace, love the hammered frames, love the use of cord with the lampworks....all very creative. And I really like the fancy earwires you've used, with the little gold triangles. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Medusa head earrings are my favourite. Those are Medusa heads right?
    The pendant on the necklace is really something special :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Dimestoreemporium! Terri has the most amazing components to work with. Love all your pieces. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi to all, how is the whole thing, I think every one is getting more from this website,
    and your views are fastidious for new viewers.

    my web blog: plumbing Gauteng

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...