RSS Feed

http://www.wikio.com

Sunday, October 30, 2011

On a Vintage Rhinestone Rondelle Kick, It Would Seem

I'm loving the cooler weather we've had here lately -- for those of you who are dealing with snow and freezing temps, it's just been in the 60s here, which makes me very happy. But with the change in the weather came strong gusty winds which means all the crap gets blown around and I've spent the last two days sneezing my head off. I didn't make much this weekend -- just a few Day of the Dead skulls which are always requested this time of year, and a pair of really cute earrings I've yet to photograph. The pieces below I made during the week.


Verdigrised medallion from dimestoreemporium, rutilated quartz, freshwater pearl, vintage rhinestone rondelle, little turquoise bead, knotted sari silk.






Carved jade, vintage rhinestone rondelles, vintage glass pearls.



In other exciting news, I got a special order from someone at the hair salon for one of my molded birds-on-a-wire pendants. Two friends saw the one that was there, but only one could buy it. So now the other one wants one too. Yay!

6 comments:

  1. A great combo!!!! The verdigris pendant looks great with coral colored braided sari!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely looking necklace! I really like the way you knotted the sari silk. I might have to try that myself. It changes the whole appearance of the strand. Makes it work so well proportionally with the pendants. Great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving the fab fall colors!

    it was in the 80's and low 90's here this weekend. where is fall? lol. i guess it will arrive here sooner or later. or not! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have a spam issue on this blog; I also am a blogger, and I was wondering your situation; we have created some nice practices and we are looking to exchange techniques with other folks, why not shoot me
    an email if interested.

    my blog ... diet that works

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...